Monday, May 2, 2011

Don't Underestimate The Coin Jar

With the price of everything going up, it seems like coins aren't worth our time anymore. Not to mention many people use plastic and rarely pay with cash. But it is still surprising how much those coins can add up to over the course of a year, and keeping them all in one spot really isn't that much work.


I keep meaning to start saving for a specific purchase, and I have finally done just that-books! Books are the one thing I will always continue to buy more of no matter how many we own. Our county holds an annual book sale where prices range from $0.10 - $1.00 per book, but most are $0.25. I looked forward to it all year and spent a full two hours selecting new books (new to me) yesterday, what a treat! I was excited to find history and atlas reference books with price tags of $80+ for only $1, these will be perfect for when our kids start school! After loading three large boxes with over 60 books, my grand total was only $30!!! Sure we can find $30 in our budget and it's not going to break the bank, but now I'll look at those quarters so differently and be more vigilant about getting them to the coin jar--after all each one is a new book and learning opportunity for me and my kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment