Friday, May 13, 2011

Motivation

Today's post will hopefully be motivating for those of you still hesitating to hop on the coupon train. Yesterday I found some CVS Extrabucks (money to spend at CVS printed at the bottom of your receipt) that were due to expire today, but I wasn't about to let them go to waste! I hopped on Southern Savers and saw that Jenny described this week's CVS ad as disappointing, and she was right it was definitely as "bad" as it gets. I spent five minutes making my list and another five minutes looking through my coupons. In the end, we left CVS with this in our bag...


and paid only $0.80 while saving $50.70! And that was with only one coupon! I'm psyched about the digital ear thermometer!

I've included a picture of my receipt below so you can see how I did it. The very bottom numbers circled are my year to date savings and spending. So far this year I've spent $62.85 (actually it's less since I had a few rebates) and SAVED $415.18!!!



PS-For anyone who just started following my blog, I'm not an extreme couponer, I refer to myself as a lazy couponer. I don't spend hours clipping and organizing coupons because I don't have time. So when I say it took me ten minutes to save $50, I mean it! (If you want to know how, please refer back to my January posts on the couponing steps)

No comments:

Post a Comment