Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Our Medicine Cabinet Is Like A Bus Station

Medicine can be so expensive, and while I love getting over-the-counter medicines for free (or close to free) with coupons, I don't love how they expire so soon, usually right when I need them. It seems like as soon as I unload a new bag of medicines, the old ones are expired. Did you know that 90% of OTC medicines are still effective after 15 years? No, I won't be hanging onto my Tylenol that long, but I also won't toss it out as soon as the "expiration date" passes, turning my medicine cabinet into a virtual bus station. Here's a great article in the Harvard Medical School Family Health Guide that explains it well and should save you some money in the long run.

http://www.health.harvard.edu/fhg/updates/update1103a.shtml

No comments:

Post a Comment