Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Baby Steps

Often when we think about saving money big purchases come to mind: new cars, houses, vacations, etc. but there's a lot to be said for saving money on small items. I recently found this handsoap at the dollar store, it smells great and is twice the size of the Softsoap bottles I used to purchase for $1.50. We go through a lot of soap around here, especially now that I'm working at home, about two small bottles or one this size every week. Each of these bottles saves me $2 compared to what I was previously paying, and when you multiply that by 52 weeks a year we're saving $104 each year just on soap! The added bonus, no coupons and I don't have to wait for it to go on sale. So let's say you make ten similar changes in your purchasing habits, you've just saved your family $1,000 a year!!!




Do I prefer Bath & Body Works foaming soaps in all the best fragrances? Of course. Would I trade being there during my kids' childhood to get them? Not on your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment