Friday, February 25, 2011

March Madness

The past few weeks I've been overcome with a desire to tackle my house and get the spring cleaning done, you would almost think I was pregnant and nesting! No pregnancy this time, just a dirty house. I spend so much time in damage-control mode just trying to keep up with my children's daily tornadoes and washing dishes and clothing, that everything else get neglected...indefinitely. I would love to spend two days getting it all done and over with, but I know my children do not have the attention span to make that happen. So this year I'm declaring the month of March to be my spring cleaning month. I'll do a little bit each day, and by the end my house will be sparkling! Ok maybe not, it's more likely that it will just look normal, but I'll take normal!

This weekend I'll be working on my list of spring cleaning chores, as I'm type A and a huge fan of lists. I'm breaking down large tasks into smaller pieces (ie: wash the curtains in each room listed separately instead of "wash all the curtains") so that it isn't as overwhelming, since I often have 15 minutes here and there to work, but rarely hours in one block.

Here's an article I found helpful when thinking about what needs to get done:
http://lifestyle.msn.com/your-home/sponsored-gallery/staticslideshowcl.aspx?cp-documentid=27627697&GT1=32097

So that's my tip for the day- write it down, break it down and give yourself a time-frame. Please share some cleaning tips in the comments below! Mine will be this one stolen from my friend Emily's blog: the easiest way ever to clean a microwave is by taking a small bowl of water and adding a few lemon slices to it. Microwave at full power for 2 minutes and then let it sit in the microwave for 10 more minutes. It will wipe off so easily, virtually no work at all! If I don't have a lemon I add some lemon juice to the water and it works just as well. Here's Emily's great blog if you'd like to check it out: http://savvynest.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment